20170329 Gazette Photos
March 29, 2017 by tavistockgazette
Photos by the Tavistock Gazette for Wednesday, March 29, 2017. For colour prints, please contact the Gazette at email@example.com or call 519-655-2341.
Reeve Houle poses with some of the many wrestling medals he’s won over the years.
The South Huron Sabres – Ontario West CC Novice OMHA Champions.
The South Huron Sabres celebrate after scoring a 3-2 overtime win against the Tavistock Novice Titans to win the OMHA Ontario West CC Championship.
Chace Robinson rushes to score Tavistock’s first goal in the 3-2 overtime loss.
Gavin Witt (#4) celebrates his tying goal with 20 seconds left to force overtime.
Kyle Wilhelm, a member of the 2001 Novice OMHA CC Champions drops the puck for game three between Tavistock and South Huron Sabres. Taking the faceoff is the Titans’ Cooper Yantzi (left).
South Huron players proudly hold the Novice West CC Championship trophies following a 3-2 overtime win in Tavistock on March 22nd.
Tavistock Novice Titans Coach Chad Swartzentruber congratulates a South Huron Sabres player following their OMHA final game.
Tavistock Novice Titans defend the net during game 3 of their OMHA final vs South Huron.
The TavistockNovice Reps were OMHA finalists. Lleft to right, back row: Chace Robinson, Bailey Brenneman, Liam Hilts, Cooper Yantzi, Rowan Bartlett; middle row: Tucker Otto, Alex Everett, Drew Roth, Gavin Witt, Jay Alexander; in front: Logan MacMillan. Absent from the photo is Cam Munro.
Titans’ Novice goaltender Logan MacMillan watches the medal ceremony.
Arielle and Jaydan McGregor sit at the anchor desk with weather forecaster Lyndsay Morrison.
Bantam LL Titans win Marci Cook Tournament
Hickson twins play April Fool’s trick: The twins are, left to right, above then below: Tara and Tanya Witzel, Marcia and Amanda Brown, Steve and Dave Junker, and Matt and Nathan Birtch. Or is it the other way around?
Brenneman brothers Morgan (left) and Nathan collect sap in pails out in the family’s woodlot.
Larissa Brenneman skims impurities from the evaporator in their sugar shack.
Other stories in this week’s edition:
- Woodstock wants 1,000 acres of EZT land
- County of Oxford News: Is your water meter installed?
- Around the Globe: The point of Portugal
- Dennis O’Neil receives Good Roads Award
- Letter from the Gazette: Covering the news
- Spring is maple syrup time: A sweet family tradition
- The Departed: Rev. George Sim
- 1933 letter describes Tavistock … Emil Hanke
- 4-H courses held
- Tavistock siblings are CTV news weather forecasters for a day
- Historical Society Annual Meeting: Tavistock at Confederation!
- March Break at the Library
- Well-known artist’s work turns up at Thrift Shop
- Bantam LL Titans win Marci Cook Tournament
- Novice Reps edged in OMHA finals
- A trip down memory lane: April 7, 1993
– Hickson twins play April Fool’s trick