20170315 Gazette Photos
March 16, 2017 by tavistockgazette
Photos by the Tavistock Gazette for Wednesday, March 15, 2017. For colour prints, please contact the Gazette at email@example.com or call 519-655-2341.
Winnie Trachsel is a Life Member of the Women’s Institute and an active member of the Hampstead branch.
Stratford-on-Avon Shriners past president Carl Ohrling presents a replacement Burn Kit to Tavistock Station Deputy Chief Maury Sauder (left) and Township Fire Chief Scott Alexander.
Thistle Theatre will receive an Ontario 150 grant for $160,000 for upgrades to the Embro Town Hall. From the left, Ward 4 Councillor Doug Matheson, Mayor of Zorra Margaret Lupton, Thistle Theatre chair of Ontario 150 project Wendy Marshall, Oxford MPP Ernie Hardeman, TT President Norm Northmore and committee member Don Hilborn.
Cali Glofcheski (left) and Leah Weicker play a literacy game on the iPads.
Easton Cunning and Izaac Martin were following the footprints.
Kindergarten student Logan Nahrgang plays a leprechaun version of roll and cover with Noah Leis (behind) and parent volunteer Jenn Zehr helping them add and count the numbers on their dice.
Alison Regehr, Upper Thames River Conservation, takes questions at the Tavistock & Area Horticultural Society March meeting.
Pastor Tanya Dyck Steinmann delivers the message at the Lenten Luncheon on Thursday, March 9, 2017.
Kindergarten students gather around their leprechaun trap set up to capture the two little creatures who left their footprints there.
Linda Debus (left), Heather and Murray Schlotzhauer are shown at Rangarping Eystra waterfall in Iceland.
APRIL 30, 1980 – In Grade 3, Classroom Choir the Tavistock group tied for 3rd in the Rotary Music Festival at Woodstock. Shown above left to right, back row: Lynne Rudy, Robbie Waas, David Wagler, Randy Biemers, Linus Booth, Dennis Yantzi, Scott Wettlaufer, Jason Cahill and Christine Riedel; centre row: Leanne Zehr, Trevor Holtzworth, Tanya Sippel, David Buck, Todd Nicklas, Julie Campion, Kelly Burke, Dana Becker and Tanya Roth; front row: Jennifer Ducklow, Janelle Roth, Angie Roth, Susan Ramseyer, Tamela Schwartzentruber, Justin Bender, Steve Jantzi, and Sandra Claassen. Marianne Wettlaufer was absent when the photo was taken.
Other stories in this week’s edition:
- Township office renovations to begin
- Shriners continue with Fire Dept. partnership
- Pig cane travels the northern hemisphere
- Lenten lunches: Jesus’ encounters with women
- Ministerial Letter: Weather and faith!
- 90th Birthdays: Jean Arnott, Laurie Faulhafer
- 1933 letter describes flax pulling in Tavistock
- Kindergarten: Looking for leprechauns
- Horticultural Society: Rain gardens soak up th rain
- Embro Town Hall gets 150 grant
- Letter: Hydro policies getting worse
- Old-fashioned square dancing offered by 4-H
- Tavistock Titans Minor Hockey Reports
- A trip down memory lane: April 30, 1980
– Grade 3 choir competes in Woodstock