Posted in Uncategorized on August 31, 2016|
Photos by the Tavistock Gazette for Wednesday, August 31, 2016. For colour prints, please contact the Gazette at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-655-2341.
Dave McLaren, recipient of the Hickson Lions’ John Tipping Memorial Award, has been involved in Hickson and Tavistock minor sports all his life.
Steffan Bontaine shows his skills on the mat at Camp Alliwannado.
Henry Flanagan (left), Cohen Smith and Bobby Richard show off their Camp Alliwannado colours during a game last week.
Counsellor Brianna Higgs of Mannheim shows the colours available in a treasure hunt game at Camp Alliwannado.
Brothers Henry (left) and William Lefebvre pose with their movie hats at Camp Alliwannado.
Blake Stere (left) and his cousin Alex Michiels, both 9, relax in front of Camp Alliwannado tie-dyed t-shirts following a game in the park.
Clockwise, from the left, Tessa Burdett, Calleigh Bontaine, twins Macy and Summer Kollman, and Tessa Gerber play in a lycra tube during play time at Camp Alliwannado.
Jessie Carberry (left) with 2015 Woodstock Fair Ambassador Heather McKay. (Photo contributed)
Howies ball hockey team poses with Jordan Ruby following their win Saturday. From the left are Cooper Walker, Ben McFarlane, Noah Kirk, speaker Jordan Ruby, and in front, Aaron Davidson. (Photo contributed)
Employees of Aecon Construction worked on burying fibre optic cable in contract work for Bell at the main intersection in Tavistock last week.
Members of the Tavistock Athletics Novice Girls Fastball Club include, from the left, kneeling: Danielle Bast, Bri Smith, Alyssa Forthuber, Danielle Brodrecht, Sarah Culp, Sarah Bailey, Hailey Scott, Mihret Eliasziw, Rianna Forthuber (bat girl); standing: Morgan Stock, Paige Schneider, Megan Bailey, Kamryn Lamond. (Photo by Barb Forthuber)
Bill Murray holds a giant puffball he found on his farm near Bright. The savoury specimen was 41” in circumference.
Workers continue to excavate and install underground services for drainage, water and sewage to The Orchards subdivision on the east side of the village of Tavistock.
Other stories in this week’s edition:
- 3rd Annual Road Hockey Tournament
– Semi-pro hockey player, Jordan Ruby, shares his faith
- Working underground: The Orchards subdivision
- First Shift Program returns
- Fall Fair Talent Show organizers looking for acts
- The Departed: Marie M. Kaufmann, Michelle (Balazs) Cressman
- A savoury find: One big puffball
- Burying the fibre: Bell cable installed
- Showing their camp colours: Camp Alliwannado
- U14 Novice Girls place fourth at Nationals in Winnipeg
- Jessie Carberry crowned Woodstock Fair Ambassador
- West Nile virus found in Oxford County mosquito pool
- A Trip Down Memory Lane: You could win this quilt! (August 12, 1981)
Read Full Post »